OCP, Favorite Girl, & Mocking-Gigi

{Oatmeal Cookie Pancakes}
Do you remember that one thing your mom used to make for breakfast that you just LOVED? 
I couldn't get enough of those Dutch Babies (aka German Pancakes).  Sitting {and most likely fighting with} my starving sibling as we sat waiting for them to come out of the oven...what a memory.  Ahhh.

Well, I think I might know what my boys may be talking about one day. 

Oatmeal Cookie Pancakes.

The fact that the word "cookie" is in the title should give you just a little clue as to how yummy these bad boys really are.  Darn that Rachel Ray.  And curse that Pioneer Woman while I'm at it.  I wonder if they've factor them into the obesity problem in the US. 


You can get the printable recipe for these gems here at the Food Network website.  I promise you won't be disappointed.  And just so you know, the recipe called for raisins, but I didn't have any...so I improvised with chocolate chips.  Ah, curse me too.

{Favorite Girl}
I also remember so long ago--back during the summertime--I had a little boy.  Everytime caught one of these wishing flowers he always asked for one thing: To be able to fly.


{For those who may have read this next little experience on Facebook, forgive me for repeating it.  I've got to blog about it so it ends up in our family blog book at the end of the year!}

Approx day 9 of Kindergarten:
Me: "How was your day? Did you make any new friends?"
Ethan: "It was great!  There is a girl that sits behind that is really nice."
Me: "What is her name?"   Ethan:  " I don't know."

Afterschool on Day 12:
Ethan: "Mom, I told my favorite girl that sits behind that I love her."
Me: "Really? What did she say?"
Ethan: " She said: I know. You always stare at me."
Me:" What is her name?"   Ethan: " I don't know."

Picking up Ethan-Day 13:
Ethan:" Mom, I know my favorite girl's name!! Its Kaylee!"
Me: "Good! Which one is she?"  We looked around and I thought he pointed to this girl who looked really sweet and must of had a great personality.  But then there she was...this dark hair, dark eyed gal fixing her cute pink headband in her hair.   I get it Ethan.

Later that day...about once an hour:
Ethan: "Mom, what's my favorite girls name again?"
Me: "Kaylee."
Ethan: "Oh, right."

Last Friday...Day 15
Ethan: " Mom, I ran with my favorite girl today. She is as fast as my "super run".

The rest is to be continued! I can't wait to go and volunteer in Ethan's classroom tomorrow!;) I'll let you know how it goes!

{Mocking-Gigi}
And I thought you might like this.  My niece is a 6th grader...her 1st year of middle school.  Last week she told me that she was going to run for SBO. {Student Body Officer...we called is ASB...Associated Student Body...but whatever...you know what I'm talking about.}

I told her she needed to get a theme that would stand out.  This is what we came up with.  Some of you may appreciate this...

We thought it would be fun to play on the "hit the target", "I'll fight for you", etc.





How fun.  I hope she wins!

And by the way, I may be in the minority...but I liked the way Mockingjay ended.:)

{Yum}
And now let's get back on track.  Food. 
If you try this recipe you'll have to let me know how it turns out! 

And I had to post this picture with Ethan sticking a huge bite in his little mouth.  A memory in the making?


XOXO-Toad

5 comments:

ificould said...

mmm, these look absolutely delicious! Can't wait to try them out! and btw, I loved Mockingjay as well - although I'll admit I wanted a little more romance to come back between Peeta and Katniss (think of the arena) :)

Missy

swtelford said...

Loving the school romance tales...keep em coming! I liked the ending of Mockingjay too!

Crystal said...

I love the "favorite girl" conversation. How cute is that. Also I really enjoyed mockingjay. I was really surprised but I liked it.

cArLa said...

that looks so delish! ethan is so adorable, i can't wait to hear the rest! as for the dish mat, no worries at all. thanks for leaving a lovely comment on my post!

Tanya said...

i have had those pancakes at your house. delicious!

Recent Posts

google33e193cc695cc79f.html